Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Which Witch?


Another book ^_^

The author is Eva Ibbotson. This is the second of Ibbotson's book that I read. The first one was The Secret of Platform 13. Will get to this book book after this.

Really recommended for children. Though I read most of Grimm and Andersen tales during my childhood, I would read Ibbotson's if I did found one back then.

Which Witch had won Anne Spencer Lindberg Prize for category of children fantasy novel in 2001, and as runner-up for prestigious Carniage Medal award during first publication in 1979.

Since I have read The Secret of Platform 13, I think, the whole idea of the story is kindda similar. Very good stories, I must say.

Here's a bit of the story.
Which Witch is about a great Wizard, Arriman, looking for a great wizard to replace him. His search end up with him looking for a wife through a contest, to find the darkest witch. But there's one white witch, Belladona, who joined the contest with help of a mysterious young boy, Terence, and her new familiar, Rover (a worm). The story gets more interesting with all kinds of witches joining the contest, from half mermaid witch, twin witches who always fight one another, up to an enchantress. Wow, what will happen at the contest, and will Arriman able to find a great witch to replace him?....

Go through the book and enjoy the adventure.
Happy Reading ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment